CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Wednesday, November 26, 2008

Vick's Vapor Rub Foot Remedy

VICKS VAPO RUB..... INTERESTING 

My Mother sent me this email you will read below about the healing effect of vicks on your feet. I was doubtful at first but I read up on it and it has some good information. 

Message:
During a lecture on Essential Oils, they told us how the foot soles can absorb oils. Their example: Put garlic on your feet and within 20 minutes you can 'taste' it.

Some of us have used Vicks Vapo rub for years for everything from chapped lips to sore toes and many body parts in between. But I've never heard of this. And don't laugh, it works 100% of the time, although the scientists who discovered it aren't sure why. To stop night time coughing in a child (or adult as we found out personally), put Vicks Vapo rub generously on the bottom of the feet at bedtime, then cover with socks. Even persistent, heavy, deep coughing will stop in about 5 minutes and stay stopped for many, many hours of relief. Works 100% of the time and is more effective in children than even very strong prescription cough medicines. In addition it is extremely soothing and comforting and they will sleep soundly.

Just happened to tune in A.M. Radio and picked up this guy talking about why cough medicines in kids often do more harm than good, due to the chemical makeup of these strong drugs so, I listened. It was a surprise finding and found to be more effective than prescribed medicines for children at bedtime, in addition to have a soothing and calming effect on sick children who then went on to sleep soundly.

My wife tried it on herself when she had a very deep constant and persistent cough a few weeks ago and it worked 100%! She said that it felt like a warm blanket had enveloped her, coughing stopped in a few minutes and believe me, this was a deep, ( incredibly annoying!) every few seconds uncontrollable cough, and she slept cough-free for hours every night that she used it.

If you have grandchildren, pass this on. If you end up sick, try it yourself and you will be absolutely amazed at how it works.


DON'T SHUN THIS ONE.. TRY IT THE NEXT TIME YOU GET
A BAD COLD

After reading this I looked into a foot cleanse patch and actually purchased a pack at a local Walgreens. This patch helps clear your body of any unnatural chemicals. You are exposed to thousands of harsh toxins and nasty chemicals on a daily basis. They're in the food you eat, the air you breathe, and even the prescription pills you take to make yourself feel better. These toxins build up in the body and put pressure on your vital organs. They take away your energy and focus, cause you to get sick, contribute to cellulite and weight gain, make you sleep poorly, contribute to hair loss, cause diseases and too many other unattractive things to mention. In addition most Americans are adding more processed foods to their diets, and getting far less exercise than they need.
Keeping your body clear of toxins will help you live a longer, stronger and healthier life.
The lymphatic system plays a vital role in the body by regulating the immune system and getting rid of toxins. When the lymphatic system becomes blocked, lymphatic fluid builds up and stagnates causing the entire system to become toxic. The Cleanse Patch® helps extract lymphatic fluid from the body by clearing blockages. It also eliminates metabolic wastes and toxins from the body, transports nutrients to cells, and boosts your metabolism. All of this helps you reduce excess body fluids, lose weight, has a calming effect on the nervous system, relieve stress and tension. Frequent use of the Cleanse Patch® will improve the appearance of your skin, rejuvenate collagen fibers and slow the aging process.

One tip I have if you are going to use these patches. Make sure that you scrub your feet really well. Purchase a pumice stone or a rigid file and go to down on all the built up dead skin on the bottom of your feet. My routine it to wash my feet in a hot bath with epsom and sea salts and I scrub all the little cracks of dry skin away especially on the ball of my foot and arch between the sole and heel. I will have my feel in the salt water for a total of 30 minutes. Once I'm satisfied with my cleaning I will towel dry and wait 5 minutes then put the patch on. My theory is that since the skin is a little damp it will start absorbing quicker and easier. Then I will head to bed and when I wake up there is a mixer of toxins and chemicals that would scare a small child!

Since trying the foot detox I have no reason to doubt this Vicks Vapor rub cold remedy. I have not done it yet but once I start getting symptoms of a cold it will be the first thing I start to do. What I'm wondering is can this work with other oils? like peppermint or sandalwood that are suppose to be healing smells and oils cause if garlic works then what else can?. I will have to experiment to see how much and if it even will work! Hope this helps let me know!

0 comments: